Shirasagi Halloween
Blake and I live in an apartment complex with other foreign teachers that are teaching English here in Himeji. In order to bring a bit of our home culture to the community, we had a Halloween night on October 25th. I found a set of Halloween origami instructions in English at a stationery store and I used these as decorations for our door.
There were various activities available for children to partake in such
as pin the tail on the cat, bowling, and face painting. Of course, there
was also trick-or-treating! We had 60 children in total stop by our
door and trick-or-treat. Usually back home I go with my family to
accompany my little brother trick-or-treating. I won't be able to
collect the sister tax on Halloween candy this year. It was nice to be
on the other side of the door this year and give out candy in another
country.
Te estrañamos este año espero y para el prosimo año si nos acopañen aqui
ReplyDeleteNosotros tambien los estrañamos.
Delete"sister tax" ha ha ha ha ha
ReplyDeletehaha yup I'll have to collect double next Halloween, if that's still happening....
Delete